It’s contest time again! You may recall this image above from a shoot I did with my Phase One a few weeks back (click the hyperlink to see behind the scenes and video). Snag my buddy Joe in the image above and put him in some crazy places or situations. Serious or funny, doesn’t matter to me. Just be creative and keep it PG-13 appropriate please
You can see examples from one of my previous contests here: Robots On The Move contest
My friends over at Nik Software, one of my favorite photo editing Plugin companies, has offered my readers a copy of their awesome software Color Efex Pro 4 Complete Edition for the contest, which is currently on sale for $199.95 on their site. Go on over to their site to learn more about the software and even download and try it free! You must use one of their plug-ins on your entry, but make sure to let me know which plug-in you use when you submit! Remember you can download and try it for free.
If you already have Color Efex Pro 4, I’m sure I could convince my friends at Nik to offer you another one of their great programs instead.
This is a really awesome prize and a product that I personally use just about every day.
Quickly solve imaging challenges and extend your creativity in never-imagined directions with unmatched quality. Versatile features like filter combinations, visual presets, history browser, natural borders, and a host of incredible filters make this an essential part of your photographic toolkit. - Nik Software
Here is the contest fine print:
- You have 1 week. Deadline is 11:59PM (East Coast US Time) August 30, 2012 to submit your images. You can either email me (douglas[at]sondersphotography[dot]com) directly or post a link to your edits as a comment on this post. May sure to include a link to your webpage (if you have one) so I can include it in the post if you make the finals or win.
- Go nuts. Create the coolest, wildest, most creative retouching job on these photo…but keep it clean please! Put Joe C in any serious or wacky scenario that your mind can create.
- This is an international contest, so anyone on this planet can enter.
- On September 4, 2012, my friends over at Nik Software and myself will select and announce the winner. Of course I will also the various top entries with links to the submitter’s webpage. Runner-ups? You get to have your work and website up in front of 10′s of thousands of eyes.
- The fine print: I still own the copyright of this image so no going and using this in advertisements you crazy kids, but you are welcome to post your entry in your online and print portfolios and such of course.
Download the above high res image of Joe C shot by my Phase One IQ160, 60 megapixel medium format. I would include the RAW file, but there are logistical issues with sharing a large 60 megapixel raw file with countless people, so here is a high res jpg that opens up to 140 megabytes. CLICK HERE