The time has come again kids for another fun retouching contest. You may recall my last couple of contests (here & here). This one I am holding in honor of my beloved Boxer, Winston Churchill, who I had to put to sleep on Halloween this year. I wanted to honor my little guy by using a few photos of him as the basis of the contest.
My friends over at onOne Software, one of my favorite Photoshop Plugin companies, has offered my readers a copy of their brand new Perfect Photo Suite 6 for the contest, which is currently on sale for $269.95 on their site. Go on over to their site to learn more about the new Suite and watch a demonstration video and even download and try it free for 30 days! Extra points if you use one of their plug-ins on your entry, but make sure to let me know which plug-in you use!
This is a really awesome prize and a product that I personally use just about every day. For example, today, I was just creating cool tilt-shift effects with FocalPoint 2 on a portrait job I just completed and used Perfect Resize 7 to enlarge one of my 21megapixel files into a high quality 5′ long (at 300dpi) photo.
“Perfect Photo Suite 6, the dramatic new version of onOne Software’s award winning product suite offers the best new tools for solving the most common problems faced by photographers today. This major upgrade introduces completely new products Perfect Portrait and Perfect Effects, Perfect Mask, the next generation of Mask Pro, Perfect Layers, in addition to favorites Perfect Resize, FocalPoint and PhotoFrame. And now, you can move effortlessly between applications, for a smoother and faster workflow.
As your workflows have changed, so have our products. All of the products in the Perfect Photo Suite 6 now work directly from Lightroom and Aperture, in addition to Photoshop, and they can even be used on their own.”
Here is the contest fine print:
- You have 1 week. Deadline is 11:59PM (East Coast US Time) December 16, 2011 to submit your images. You can either email me (douglas[at]sondersphotography[dot]com) directly or post a link to your edits as a comment on this post. May sure to include a link to your webpage (if you have one) so I can include it in the post if you make the finals or win.
- Go nuts. Create the coolest, wildest, most creative retouching job on these photo…but keep it clean please! Put Winston in any serious or wacky scenario that your mind can create.
- This is an international contest, so anyone on this planet can enter.
- After December 16, 2011, I will select the top 5-10 images and post them on my blog and your peers will have a chance to vote on the winner for 1 week. I will announce the winner December 24, 2011. Of course I will also the top entries with links to the submitter’s webpage. Runner-ups? You get to have your work and website up in front of 10′s of thousands of eyes.
- The fine print: I still own the copyright of this image so no going and using this in advertisements you crazy kids, but you are welcome to post your entry in your online and print portfolios and such of course.
Below are links to a few different image options (just click the photos). You can use one or all of them in the contest! Have fun guys! Spread the word on your social media outlets.