vimeo Direkt

I have been receiving requests for awhile to do tutorials on my post-production processes. Today I discuss one of my favorite Photoshop Plugins: Silver Efex Pro 2 by Nik Software. It’s a fantastic color to black and white image conversion plugin. Check out some of its easy to use features, as well as some of its really unique tricks up its digital sleeves.

This is my first screen-cap video tutorial. I am happy to have read you input and suggestions! I certainly do plan on doing more of these.

You can try the Silver Efex Pro 2 software free for 15 days HERE.

Make sure to follow more updates and behind the scenes on my Facebook page HERE.

8 Responses to “Nik Software Silver Efex Pro 2 Video Tutorial – Plugin That Converts Your Color Images To High Quality Black and White”

1. James says:

Love seeing stuff like this, very handy! I’ll have to download the trial and have a play. Thanks!

2. Long-time user of Silver Efex pro, and I absolutely love it. Hands-down the best B&W conversion software out there. Thanks for the video!

-Russ

3. Kea says:

I was curious about this software and how it worked. Thanks for taking the time to show how you use it!

4. Anselmeek says:

I love the program super results made my skys look like Ansel’s. One comment be sure you have a ton of ram on your video card, too little memory will take forever to load an image.

• carol troy says:

Hi Douglas,

I tend to use Lightroom and send out Photoshop work. So I’ve forgotten so much PS.
      Can SIlver Efex software work with Lightroom, or is it specifically designed for PS?
      Also wondered about this comment: “have a ton of ram on your video card, too little memory will take forever to load an image”.
      Video card?
      This will be my big treat for Christmas here in the Napa Valley!

Carol

• admin says:

Carol, it will work with Lightroom
        having a decent vid card and memory does help make it go faster but not impossible without

5. jose says:

hi Douglas
    I encourage you to keep on with this SILVER EFEX PRO 2 tutorials, and even the rest of the suite.

Regards

6. John Cannon London says:

Have just purchased my first Nik products and your tutorial was a great starting point for me
    Thanks