LINK TO THE ORIGINAL HIGH RESOLUTION FILE
You guys may remember my first retouching contest a few weeks back, which was a smashing success and we got some awesome entries. One of my corporate sponsors (and makers of software I use daily), Nik Software, has stepped forward and offered to sponsor the contest and offer up a great prize.
Not only will the winner be honored on my blog to be viewed by 10’s of thousands of folks, you will receive Nik Software’s “Complete Collection Ultimate Edition” which is their bundle of all 6 of their award-winning photographic plug-ins that work in Photoshop, Lightroom, and Aperture. $599.95 suggested retail price. I have this software and it is truly fantastic. Click here to learn about the Complete Collection.
I have posted an unedited image from a photoshoot I did with the lovely model Nora Sommerkamp (click her name to join her Facebook fanpage) in a junkyard for you guys to have fun with. Shout out to my buddy Tom Bostic for the cool location, Tara Papanicolas for clothing styling, and Lauren Clark for the hair and makeup. You can refer to the results of my last retouching contest to see the kind of submissions I received. I want you to really have fun and be creative with the photo.
Here is the deal:
- You have until April, 3 2011 at 11:59PM to submit your edited images. You can either email me (douglas [at] sondersphotography [dot] com) directly or post a link to your edits as a comment on this post.
- Go nuts. Create the coolest, wildest, most creative retouching job on this photo…but keep it clean please!
- This is important. You must use at least one Nik Software plug-in in the retouching of your submission. You also must indicate what plug-in(s) you used when you email me your final image. You can go on to the Nik Software website and download a 15-day free trial of each plug-in.
- This is an international contest, so anyone can enter.
- I will post the top winners as well as the honorable mentions with links to their websites (make sure to include your website in your email) and Nik Software will give the grand prize winner “Complete Collection Ultimate Edition“. They winner will also have a chance to work with me in the future on one of my crazy photoshoots.
- The fine print: I still own the copyright of this image so no going and using this in advertisements you crazy kids or claiming you took the photo. You may put this in your portfolios as an example of your retouching. I always appreciate a photo credit
- Follow my updates on twitter (http://twitter.com/douglassonders). I will post any contest updates there first.